Monday, June 20, 2011

Amherst and New Fairfield

So this week Jo Bob, Fred and Sam taught us this game called Bang which is like Mafia but wild-west themed and a card game. We went to Taste of Amherst Thursday night and had delicious $2 ice cream. Something about the ratio of tie-dye, dreadlocks and ultimate players makes me think that I could live here forever. Then we went to bowling and found out on the way that Sam knows all the words to a few Ke$ha songs, a skill I didn’t know he had. Bowling was a lot of fun and Rebecca and Nadia called in songs on the radio. One of course was dedicated to ‘Bad Chick’ Taylor.

My parents coerced me into going home this weekend, which at first I was bummed about because I had to miss the ABC party in honor of Biddy, but I do like being home. My mom and I went to see Bridesmaids. My dog tried to eat all the bees in our garden. (You would think that natural selection would take care of quirks like that.) We went to Fiesta Mexicana, one of my favorites because they play Mariachi at your table and when you order sorbet it comes inside the fruit it’s made of. We also went to a craft festival in New Milford. I think that this is a very Connecticut thing to do because there are so many here. And there are always cheesy paintings of boats and beaches that you feel should go on your grandmother’s walls. My brother wouldn’t pose for any pictures so I had to take them when he wasn’t paying attention. And then for father’s day we put a bunch of our home videos on DVD, so I spent a good part of Sunday watching our toddler selves get into punch-ups. This is way more entertaining than it sounds.

Love from,

Nicole

P.S. if you’re having trouble with the invitation. Tell me and I can send it again or send it to a different e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment