Sunday, July 10, 2011

Amherst, still

Summer is going by so quickly! I only have two weeks left here working for Sarat. Work is going well, but it's a little morbid. We are developing morose senses of humor. We have started moving around because the library is too boring to sit in for 8 hours a day. We went to Rao's a few times (try to granola bars if you haven't!) and we discovered the Esselon Cafe, which I had heard about, but never been too. It is delicious! In other food news, Amherst got a frozen yogurt store called GoBerry, it is super and Nicole and I have been there at least three times already.

The 4th of July here was cute. The night before, we went to a house that Fred is house sitting. Amina let me drive her car, and Rebecca got a lot more confident in my driving skills (yay!). On the 4th, Amherst has a parade, which bizarrely was all trucks and no people, except for two Scottish bagpipe bands. But the fireworks at UMass were really pretty, and there are still a lot of people in Amherst so most of us went together.

I have yet to go to SULA, because it seems kind of intimidating. But, Tom is here and he did convince me to go to a pick-up game with him at UMass. There weren't really many girls, but there were a lot of really good arhs boys. Stephan was there being competitive. Nicole and I tossed and then decided getting frozen yogurt was a better use of our time, so we left.

We are going to see Harry Potter at midnight on Thursday. Nicole and I got costume stuff today. Her's is more creative than mine, but I like mine too. She is a snitch. I didn't know what to be, but she said I should be Ron because we both have red hair and are afraid of spiders, so I got a really baller outfit.

Next weekend is Amina and Emily's birthdays, and Emily is going to come to Amherst to visit us! I am so excited - I love birthdays, and double birthdays are even better, especially when they are both people I love so much! They are having a party, which is going to be super fun. Perhaps there will be cake. I still have to think of some good gifts, but I have a week.

Love,
Aubrey

P.S. Monty facebook chatted me yesterday. So funny. He says I should go to SULA, so perhaps I will try it out next week.

1 comment:

  1. OHHH so jealous.
    I am currently in Williamstown, so close, but yet so far. Celebrate well for me girls :)

    ReplyDelete