Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hey Heat Wave!

hi ladies,
I have no left the lovely New York City to be reunited with my family in upstate New York- you would think it would be cooler here, but no, it's supposed to hit 100 degrees today, and 110 later this week. hooray! luckily we have a river close by for chilly swimming.
New York was great- I took care of a 2 yr old named Josh who loved juice, cars, and the Katy Perry's Sesame Street music video. We had fun, sometimes he bit me, and pinched me, but no big deal. Mostly we played at the park and I tried to teach him how to swim and say his letters.
When I wasn't working, I went on several adventures- D.C. for the 4th of July, some SpaMo family dinners (avocado pie is DELICIOUS- ask Claudia for the recipe), and lots of solo exploring of the city. If you are in New York and want a cheap and super delicious breakfast, I highly recommend going to El Malecon on 96th and Amsterdam- get the cafe con leche and an egg&bacon sandwich. It's the bomb, really.
Then this past weekend I went to Amherst for Em and Amina's bday- so fun! Saw people, ate red velvet ice cream cake, partied, said good bye to people, which was sad, but the visit was great.
Can you tell that one of my favorite summer activities is eating?
I miss yall a lot.
love, t

No comments:

Post a Comment