Saturday, August 6, 2011

Home and Sushi

I came home from Amherst and Wildwood this week and I’m chilling with my family for a while before I go abroad. My brother is doing guitar camp and my sister is doing field hockey camp so were hosting some of the Dutch coaches this week. Yoep and Yori love Jersey Shore and told us how to make real doughnuts or ‘oli balls’. They wanted to put raisins in them. Not so cool. I’m doing getmyshittogether camp, which is going pretty well now that I have my visa. Although, I lost a sudoku race to my mother the other day which is really embarrassing. I think I may be loosing my competitive edge. I feel bad for my brother though because we found out that he is allergic to a lot of things including peanuts and potatoes; the staples of the Sanches family diet. This does mean though that we’re cooking a lot of interesting things and also that we got sweet potato sushi on Monday. I could eat only that for the rest of my life.

Last night I went down to New Jersey for a Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj concert with my friend from home and I got to see Amina, Emily and Becca for a bit. It was amazing and Nicki sang Bad Chick. The guy next to me became one of my favorite people because he knew all the words to every song and was really into it despite people in our section giving him looks. I used a lot of the ugly side of my driving skills on the way there. Trick: make eye contact to guilt trip other drivers. The way back was much nicer especially because Julia and I sang Selena Gomez for a good chunk of it. I woke up this morning to a well-presented chew toy steak in my bed. Maybe if Mikey had opposable thumbs he would make me breakfast more often but really it’s the thought that counts. It just goes to show that the ancient Puerto-Rican saying is true. A week that begins with sweet potato sushi does indeed end in happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment